Our Story Begins
About the year 1865, great religious activity in Tennessee and Kentucky resulted in the starting of many Churches. Out of this evangelistic movement, Round Pond Church was founded.
Mrs. J. W. Kelly, who was a charter member, was received into fellowship in the year 1867. This shows that Round Pond Church was an established and organized religious institution at that time or earlier. A large round pond in front of the church was the reason for the name given to the church and to the community.
Mr. and Mrs. W. C. Chapman were the owners of the land on which the Round Pond Church and Cemetery are now located. The transactions were made on September 1, 1873 and on June 19, 1897.